Town of Urbana
Steuben County, New York est. 1822
Contact InformationDeanna Tompkins
email Town Clerk
Town of Urbana Birth Certificates
The birth must have occurred in the Town of Urbana August 1960 and after (which includes Ira Davenport Hospital) and the Village of Hammondsport.
Who can get a birth certificate?
Only the person whose name is listed on the Certificate, a parent named on the Certificate, or a court appointed guardian can receive a copy.
How much does it cost?
$10.00 per copy. We accept credit cards (there is a fee of $1.95), cash, checks or money order made payable to Urbana Town Clerk
Where do I come to get my Birth Certificate in person?
Town of Urbana, Town Clerk Office
8014 Pleasant Valley Road
Bath, NY 14840
Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
*Bring a copy of your drivers license and payment. You will ask you to fill out a short form and your will be able
to get a certified copy right away.
How can I apply by mail?
If you are unable to come to the Clerks office, write a letter of request that includes:
- Full name
- Return address and phone number
- Copy of driver's license
- Date of birth
- Parents' full names, including mother's maiden name
PO Box 186
Hammondsport, NY 14840
I don't have a drivers license, what other forms of ID can I use
- Non-driver's license
- Naturalization Papers
- Military ID
- Employer's Photo ID
- Two utility bills, showing applicant's name and address
- Police report of lost or stolen ID
- Your parent's can also apply for a copy for you
How long does it take for me to receive my birth certificate?
When applying by mail, we usually process within 3-5 days of receipt.
If you come to the office, you will receive your certificate usually within 15 minutes. If you are using two utility bills for your ID,
then your certificate will have to be mailed to you.
Marriage Licenses and Certificates
What are the requirements for a marriage license in New York State?
- The license must be obtained at least 24 hours in advance of the marriage, and is valid for 60 days.
- Both of the applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be married without parental consent.
- Both people must be present when applying for a license.
What documentation is required?
- Birth certificate
- Driver's or passport
- If this is a second marriage or subsequent marriage, certified divorce decrees and/or death certificate
for any and all previous marriages must be provided.
How much does a Marriage License cost?
Can I get additional copies of my Marriage Certificate?
- Yes, it cost $10 for a certificate. Marriage licenses must have been obtained in the Town of Urbana to get a copy at the clerks office.
**** Please call for an appointment to apply for your marriage license - 607-569-3743 ext. 1. The appointment usually lasts about 45 minutes.